- Ordering: Please allow approximately 4 to 6 weeks for your order to arrive (Updated August 12th). Feel free to email us at anytime for an update as we work on a first come, first serve basis and ship times may vary.
- Perfect for corn snakes, the modified 4 ft décor kit includes everything pictured including the background, ledge, rocks, log and large artificial plants (Note: does not include the smaller food bowls).
- The “Bioactive” option is there if you plan to add real plants and wood instead of artificial plants (details here).
Complete Corn Snake Kit Details
- Maximum Reptile™ Essential 4 enclosure – 48" L x 24" W x 24" H
- 22" T-5 HO linear fixture - High Output with reflector
- 1 x Arcadia D3 6% UVB Bulb
- 8.5″ dimmable heat lamp
- 1 x Arcadia 75 watt Halogen basking spotlight (30% More Heat, Lasts 2.5 to 3 x longer)
- Digital thermometer and hydrometer with probe
- Infrared temperature gun
- Day/Night timer
- 3 x 36 quart bags of Terra Firma substrate by The Bio Dude
- 1 x bag of sphagnum moss
- 1 x extra large water bowl (11" x 9")
- 10" Stainless steel feeding tongs with safety tip
- Arcadia EarthPro-Ca Calcium 100g
- Arcadia EarthPro-A Vitamins 100g
- Modified Optional Alice Springs - 4 Foot Reptile Décor Kit - Authentic design - Background molded from an actual rock wall (Note: does not include the smaller food bowls in our modified decor kit for snakes).
- Optional hood – Cover up those ugly lights and cords while maintaining better temperature and humidity control
- Optional Bioactive kit - Includes extra Terra Firma substrate by The Bio Dude, biodegradable's, assorted cork pieces, BioShot and a 18.5" LED Plant light
Please Note: This complete kit is also suitable for many other snake species
Complete Corn Snake Description
Temporary enclosures, commonly referred to as starter kits that your pet will quickly grow out of and often lack suitable, key components, are not something that we recommend, or would ever sell. At CustomReptileHabitats.com we always put the pet first and so our kits not only allow your pets to live in throughout their entire lifetime, they will thrive in our well designed, species specific habitats.
Unlike most commercially available reptile kits, our kits are built up to a standard, not down to a price point and include everything your new pet actually needs, throughout their life, including a suitably sized enclosure, proper UVB lighting, heating, décor, substrates and more. These are sadly very overlooked aspects, but very important ones that will certainly help to keep your pet reptile in prime condition while greatly improving their quality of life through environmental enrichment.
Most commercial "starter kits" will only provide for your new corn snake for a matter of months and then you will need to purchase a suitable enclosure at least 48" L x 24" W x 24" H, plus lighting that will actually work for a full grown corn snake.
On top of that, you will need several other must have items that are not included in these commercially produced starter kits such as a day/night timer, digital thermometer and hydrometer with probe, infrared temperature gun and feeding tongs
You will also need more bags of substrate for the larger enclosure, and more décor than just a single hide or log as well as items to provide a basking spot so that your corn snake can heat up its body and thermoregulate itself to stay healthy.
Here is what you are actually spending:
Initial 40 gallon starter kit - $250
Replace the kit several months later with a suitable enclosure - $500
Replace the starter kit lighting/heating with suitable lighting/heating for a corn snake - $100
Purchase the must have care items that are not part of the starter kit - $60
Purchase extra substrate for a 4 ft enclosure - $60
Your new total is now $970... and you still need suitable decor for your corn snake...
Save Money by getting the Right Kit from the Start! - Our Complete kits begin at $829.95
Our complete Corn Snake kits are exactly that... Complete! Now you can have a suitable corn snake habitat that will not only provide proper care, it will last throughout your pets lifetime while making its home an amazing mini-habitat and a beautiful display that you will be proud to have in your home.
Stay tuned for a new video from CustomReptileHabitats.com – coming soon.
Need Care Sheets?
Our friends at ReptiFiles have the most complete care sheets for Corn Snake. Click Here for details